Start a Chapter
How to Start a Rural Crime Watch Chapter in Alberta
Starting a chapter and getting involved with the provincial organization gives you access to a network of other organizations trying to achieve the same goals along with numerous resource materials available to help you protect your properties.
To be a member of the Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch you need to be a non-profit organization in good standing.
- Start by holding an organizational meeting.
- Pick your executive and then apply for a non-profit.
- Pick your name and then check the NUANS to make sure the name is not being used,
- you need to go into a Registries Office to complete this task.
- Attached is the link to download the forms to apply for your not-for-profit.
Once you have received your not-for-profit paperwork, you can fill out the membership renewal application and submit it with your membership fee and a copy of your certificate of incorporation. Membership dues are $250.00 per year. New Membership forms will be available soon.