WHAT WE ASK OF YOU
- Report incidents to the police as soon as possible. Time is of the essence.
- Do not hesitate to call the police for fear that you are “inconveniencing us” or that we “have better, more important things to be looking after”. We are here to help you and we take all calls seriously and record the information.
- Do not assume that someone else has called us regarding an incident. We prefer to have multiple calls over no calls at all.
- Please follow the instructions given to you by the call-taker/dispatcher. These instructions are being given to you as they have been proven to help keep you safe until help arrives.
REPORTING INCIDENTS INVOLVING PEOPLE
Description of the individual(s) involved which includes:
- Weight (small, medium, large build)
- Hair color
- Weapons (if so, what type)
- Did they leave on foot or in a vehicle
- Direction of travel
- Anything else
REPORTING INCIDENTS INVOLVING VEHICLES
- Style (SUV, Truck, Car, Hatchback, etc.…)
- License Plate
- Anything Else (Dents, Broken Windows, Spoilers, Tinted Windows, etc.…)
- Number of Occupants
- Direction of Travel
- Any weapons seen?