New Crime Prevention Grant Funding
October 25, 2023
Preventing crime in Alberta extends from rural residents like yourself all the way to the government level. Alberta Public Safety and Emergency Services (PSES) is offering grant funding to help support crime prevention efforts throughout Alberta. There are currently two grants available that the public and organizations can apply for.
Alberta Security Infrastructure Grant
The Alberta Security Infrastructure Grant provides funding for security assessments and security technology improvements for facilities that serve communities or identifiable groups at risk of hate crime. The funding can be used for staff safety training as well.
There are two separate grant applications:
- cost recovery grant - reimbursement of expenses incurred after June 1, 2021
- regular grant for security assessment, infrastructure and equipment purchases, and related training
Head to the Government of Alberta website for more information on the Alberta Security Infrastructure Grant, such as eligibility and the application process.
Alberta Crime Prevention Grant
The Alberta Crime Prevention Grant supports projects or programs with a focus on the direct delivery of services or supports for crime prevention or community safety and well being. Funding was allocated for 2022-2024, and a new call for proposals will be open in Summer/Fall 2024.
Applicants must be:
- a registered not-for-profit organization or charity in good standing
- a First Nation or Metis Settlement
- a municipality
- a community–focused police program or service
- a community group with a designated fiscal agent
There is more information on the Alberta Crime Prevention Grant on the Government of Alberta website.